Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stay the Course says the President.....Again

I believe one headline can sum up President Bush's prime-time speech tonight: Stay the Course. Thats all the President offered. I'm so tired of hearing the same thing over and over again out of this administration. We need a changed strategy in Iraq that actually works to keep America safe. We need to be worrying about al Qaeda, not an Iraqi civil war. Our brave men and women join the services to do just that, serve their country, not to be a police force for a foreign nation.

The President's speech focused for a large part on the "success" in Anbar province. Yet the President also briefly mentioned a Sunni Sheik that was killed by a roadside bomb in Anbar. So I ask the President: which is it, is there success in Anbar or not? And if so, why are people, like the Sunni Sheik, being killed there everyday? That surely doesn't sound like "success" to me. And on a quick side note, did I hear Bush correctly when he said the United States was one of 37 countries fighting the War on Terrorism in Iraq? I would like to hear the President name those 36 other countries, because I surely can't think of them.

No comments :