Monday, February 25, 2008

The Daily Dose---2/25

March 4: How It Looks As Of Right Now

March 4, the date when voters in Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, and Vermont cast their votes for the Democratic nomination contest, is shaping up to be a split decision, at least according to new polling released today.  In Texas, which I predict as of right now going to Obama, a new CNN poll has Obama up by 4, while a new Rasmussen poll has Clinton with a 1% lead. Vermont, as expected, is heavily expected to go to Obama and it is the one state I can 100% say will go for him.  Rhode Island, on the other hand, is a state which I can confidently say will go to Clinton. She has maintained anywhere from a 10-15% lead there, depending on which recent poll you look at.  Ohio also appears to be leaning towards Clinton, but in the same way that Texas is leaning for Obama---meaning neither candidate really has a significant lead in either state and the races are still too early and close to call.  But, if I had to say right now, Clinton would win Ohio and Rhode Island.  Obama would win Texas and Vermont.  That's just how I see it currently.  Ask me about the race on Friday, and I'll probably be able to confidently predict the winners in all 4 states.


Am I Losing My Mind?

As I was eating a snack this afternoon, I tuned in to MSNBC's Tucker, where Tucker Calrson was interviewing Presidential candidate, Ralph Nader.  To my shock and horror, I actually found myself agreeing with Ralph on all the issues discussed, especially energy.  With that being said, I still disagree with Ralph on several of his positions that were not discussed, but it was a little shocking to find myself actually nodding in agreement with Nader.  But, let me be clear, this does not mean in anyway that I would support Nader in the election.  I firmly believe that a vote for Nader is a vote for a Republican.  It's that simple and I hope America realizes that this time around.


Absolutely Ridiculous Memo From Obama

I'll admit, Obama is growing on me, probably due to the fact that he will be the nominee, but today his campaign released a completely idiotic memo that blamed the Clinton campaign for distributing a photo of him wearing traditional Somali dress.  They accused the Clinton campaign of "fear-mongering" and said that they should be ashamed of themselves.  This is such a ridiculous thing because, for one, the picture wasn't even that bad, and two, why does it have to be the Clinton campaign who sent out the memo?  Obama needs to wake up and realize that he's not just facing the Clintons anymore, he's facing the right-wing slime machine.  As Maggie Williams said in a press release,


"Enough.  If Barack Obama's campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely.


This is nothing more than an obvious and transparent attempt to distract from the serious issues confronting our country today and to attempt to create the very divisions they claim to decry.


We will not be distracted."


In Defense of  Hillary...

Hillary has been slammed on the blogosphere for "mocking" Obama's message of change.  But, at least in my opinion, she has a point.  I have yet to get an answer from an Obama supporter about what exactly Obama will do to solve all our problems.  Sure, Obama is an excellent speaker and knows how to get thousands of people fired up, but what about when this campaign is over.  What about when Obama sits down in the Oval Office, and the friendly crowds are gone, and it's time for Obama to be President, to be Commander-in-Chief.  Can he handle it?  I certainly hope so, but I honestly don't know.  In fact, I can draw another potential comparison between Obama and Deval Patrick.  Patrick was a great speaker and knew how to energize a crowd, but as anyone in Massachusetts can tell you, when it came to get down to business, Patrick fell a little short in his first months as governor.  His inexperience prevented him from being ready "on day one".  With all the challenges America faces, I just can't help but feel that we need someone to be ready, "on day one".  

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Excellent comments, voters should think long and hard about this guy. They say he is like John Kennedy, but Kennedy told the people what he would accounplish if elected President. Obama has been silent on the issue.

Anonymous said...

What Obama represents and what America overwhelmingly wants is c-h-a-n-g-e. Hillary Clinton is seen as part of the old, tired Washington establishment and when she talks about experience, people equate that with the status quo. Sometimes, experience can work against you.

Anonymous said...

Allow me to suggest an article that tells the story of experience vs change much better than I can. It's kinda like a changing of the guard thing. Go to washingtonindependent.com and read "Clinton Running Like Old Guard Humphrey".

Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader of politidose and I like the format. I usually do not make comments but I think this publication is fair. While the commentor is for Hillary, and he openly says that, he also gives views on other candidates in a truthful and positive way. I like that. Most blogs leave you with a feeling of confusion. This article is a straight forward piece of information from his standpoint.