Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rudy at it again...now he gives us his definition of freedom!

When you think "America's Mayor" Rudy Guiliani can't get any worse, he does. Take a look now as Rudy defines what his view of freedom is:

"Freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."

Well tell me Rudy, what is freedom?, because I thought freedom was the ability to be anything you can be. I thought it allowed me to do what I want to do when I want to do it. Freedom allows me to choose: do I want to be a lawyer, a doctor, a teacher, or something else. Freedom allows me to go where I want to go: to work, to the store, to my friend's house, to wherever. So you're saying that to be free, I have to do whatever you, the authority, wants me to do? Thats not freedom, thats slavery. Why should you have any discretion at all what I do in my private life. Rudy you're wrong. This is a free country. Never have the American people given up their freedom to the president. The president serves the people, not the other way around. Read the constitution, maybe then you'll see.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Rudy should be running under the Fascist banner. What a total clown...

Ron Paul is going to win this.

Anonymous said...

anonymous,
Ron Paul has about as much chance winning the Republican nomination as Dennis Kucinich does of winning the Democratic nomination. Both are the epitome of what their party stands for but for political correctness, most of the major candidates hug the middle of the road and try to be as non-controversial as possible. It's no longer about a candidate's true convictions but more about what national polls suggest is the popular theme.
BTW, Rudy Giuliani is ruining his chances at the nomination with every word that he utters.